[Dovecot] 1.0.10 / Quota postlogin / Deliver - Not working according to the wiki?

Tobias Balle-Petersen tbp at kontrapunkt.com
Fri Feb 15 16:56:34 EET 2008

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> Because the script is run only when logging in with IMAP, not when
> delivering new mails, so deliver runs with the default quota limit.

OK. I was confused because a user over limit (from personal quota-file) indeed gets his
messages deleted when new mail comes in. I see now however, that new mail keeps comming in to the
user when is Trash is empty AND he is over quota. Thanks for clearing this up.

> The script is definitely not run by deliver, but maybe you've managed to
> make it work some other way (or you misunderstood something).

Seems to be the issue here ;)

> One possibility would be to set $QUOTA before running deliver and making
> sure deliver doesn't override it.

Can you tell me more about my options in this direction? You mean the user would load his quota whem
logging in, and this quota would stay loaded and visible to deliver even after he logs out?

Thanks,
Tobias