[Dovecot] Dovecot NFS Indexes and IMAP Migration

Andy Dills andy at xecu.net
Thu Feb 28 03:25:22 EET 2008

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On Feb 27, 2008, at 8:49 AM, Andy Dills wrote:
>
> > From reading the docs, it appears I would not be able to use the dovecot
> > LDA due to locking issues (bummer), and I should configure dovecot to
> > store index files on a local disk of the primary pop/imap server rather
> > than on the netapp.
>
> I don't think locking is an issue. NFS caching is more problematic. But with
> v1.1's mail_nfs_*=yes settings there should be no problems with storing
> indexes on NFS.

That's good to know. Do you view 1.1 as production ready now, or should I
wait for an official release? It sounds production ready in the RC1
release notes, but I was curious how much remains on your "few issues
you'd like to fix" list and how relevant they are to my environment.

Thanks,
Andy

---
Andy Dills