[Dovecot] Please help me resolve why mail isn't being delivered to virtual users

Peter Eriksson peter at ifm.liu.se
Tue Jan 8 15:01:08 EET 2008

>> Andrew Falanga, on 1/7/2008 11:18 PM, said the following:
>>> What must be done to make sendmail do its thing for deliver?

I use Dovecot in conjunction with Sendmail with Maildirs as the
mail store and it works fine. We use "procmail" as the local
delivery agent though.

Stuff in the sendmail config file:

	define(`PROCMAIL_MAILER_PATH', `/ifm/bin/procmail')
	FEATURE(local_procmail)

Users mail store is mounted as /home/$USER/Maildir and with
an procmail config file (/etc/procmailrc) like this:

	# procmailrc
	PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin
	MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir
	DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/

I should some day investigate on how to use Dovecots
own local delivery agent...

- Peter