[Dovecot] Please help me resolve why mail isn't being delivered to virtual users

Andrew Falanga af300wsm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 05:31:19 EET 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 6:01 AM, Peter Eriksson <peter at ifm.liu.se> wrote:

> I use Dovecot in conjunction with Sendmail with Maildirs as the
> mail store and it works fine. We use "procmail" as the local
> delivery agent though.
>
> Stuff in the sendmail config file:
>
>        define(`PROCMAIL_MAILER_PATH', `/ifm/bin/procmail')
>        FEATURE(local_procmail)
>
> Users mail store is mounted as /home/$USER/Maildir and with
> an procmail config file (/etc/procmailrc) like this:
>
>        # procmailrc
>        PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin
>        MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir
>        DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/
>
> I should some day investigate on how to use Dovecots
> own local delivery agent...
>
> - Peter

Peter,

You have no idea how much I appreciate this posting.  I installed procmail
last night, but couldn't find any reliable information on how to integrate
it into my sendmail system.  This is most helpful.  Just out of curiosity,
would you know how difficult it would be to configure for mbox?  I noticed
that this seems to be what FreeBSD defaults to and I'd like to minimize my
own heartache when getting procmail setup.

Thanks again,
Andy