[Dovecot] Please help me resolve why mail isn't being delivered to virtual users

Andrew Falanga af300wsm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 05:29:10 EET 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 5:27 AM, Gerard <gerard at seibercom.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 06:52:53 -0500
> Charles Marcus <CMarcus at Media-Brokers.com> wrote:
>
> > Andrew Falanga, on 1/7/2008 11:18 PM, said the following:
> > > What must be done to make sendmail do its thing for deliver?
> >
> > I don't think its because anyone is snubbing you... ;)
> >
> > I think one of the reasons is not as many people use sendmail anymore
> > - I wouldn't have a clue... sorry...
>
> I have to concur with that assessment. If you were to use Postfix, I
> believe you would get a lot better results. BTW, the stable release of
> Postfix 2.5 is scheduled for release at the end of this month according
> to what I have seen on the Postfix forum. I have used the beta versions
> and it works quite well.
>
> Just my 2¢.

I may try this route once this version of postfix is integrated into the
FreeBSD ports collection.  It just makes managing the software easier.  I
have used software outside of the ports before, but using the ports just
makes the management nicer.  I'll look into it.

I must admit, I was wondering if folks here were "snubbing" me.  Considering
there was a wiki page on sendmail and deliver, I figured for more that what
seems apparent for sendmail users here.  I must admit that the *.cf files
are intimidating, but from what I was doing with sendmail about 6 or 7 years
ago compared to what the last two weeks have been, those macro *.m4 files
really cut down on the headache and heartburn.

Andy

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?