[Dovecot] Please help me resolve why mail isn't being delivered to virtual users

Bill Cole dovecot-20061108 at billmail.scconsult.com
Tue Jan 8 16:31:00 EET 2008

At 6:52 AM -0500 1/8/08, Charles Marcus wrote:
>Andrew Falanga, on 1/7/2008 11:18 PM, said the following:
>>What must be done to make sendmail do its thing for deliver?
>
>I don't think its because anyone is snubbing you... ;)
>
>I think one of the reasons is not as many people use sendmail
>anymore - I wouldn't have a clue... sorry...

I think it is more a matter of this sounding very much like strictly
a Sendmail problem posed in the wrong forum for Sendmail problems,
further weakened by the inclusion of no details about the specific
nature of the problem or the existing configuration. A well-posed
question (e.g. with log and config info) to a more suitable forum
(e.g. comp.mail.sendmail) would almost surely get more response.

To some degree it probably also involves the fact that the Dovecot
LDA is still something of a novelty, and it not as widely used as the
traffic on this list might lead one to believe. The Dovecot LDA does
not provide enough of a compelling feature set to overpower the
inertia of sticking with the standard delivery agent(s). That's not
specific to Sendmail.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com