[Dovecot] Please help me resolve why mail isn't being delivered to virtual users

Andrew Falanga af300wsm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 05:33:46 EET 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 7:31 AM, Bill Cole <dovecot-20061108 at billmail.scconsult.com>
wrote:

> At 6:52 AM -0500 1/8/08, Charles Marcus wrote:
> >Andrew Falanga, on 1/7/2008 11:18 PM, said the following:
> >>What must be done to make sendmail do its thing for deliver?
> >
> >I don't think its because anyone is snubbing you... ;)
> >
> >I think one of the reasons is not as many people use sendmail
> >anymore - I wouldn't have a clue... sorry...
>
> I think it is more a matter of this sounding very much like strictly
> a Sendmail problem posed in the wrong forum for Sendmail problems,
> further weakened by the inclusion of no details about the specific
> nature of the problem or the existing configuration. A well-posed
> question (e.g. with log and config info) to a more suitable forum
> (e.g. comp.mail.sendmail) would almost surely get more response.

Ok, that's constructive.  If I'm not posting enough data, please tell me.
I'll get you what you need.  I thought I was being quite verbose (please see
some of the other posts too), but if the information isn't enough I need to
know.  Silence doesn't help anyone.

> To some degree it probably also involves the fact that the Dovecot
> LDA is still something of a novelty, and it not as widely used as the
> traffic on this list might lead one to believe. The Dovecot LDA does
> not provide enough of a compelling feature set to overpower the
> inertia of sticking with the standard delivery agent(s). That's not
> specific to Sendmail.

I didn't realize this.  With the wiki page on how to set it up, I figured
that I should be using this.

> --
> Bill Cole
> bill at scconsult.com