[Dovecot] Sendmail, procmail, dovecot and quota

papi mac papi_m_a_c at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 23:07:16 EET 2008

I tried this idea and it seems to work well. I ran into a problem that is probably Fedora related. The delivery failed because of a permission problem in /var/spool/mail. The users are not able to create the dotlock files there and so the error message is:

deliver(admin): open(/var/mail/.temp.mail.tecno.com.br.18793.f9456dce0b91597f) failed: Permission denied
deliver(admin): file_lock_dotlock() failed with mbox file /var/mail/admin: Permission denied

I would like to avoid messing with the users and permissions to this directory, so I thought it would be good to have "deliver" create the dotlock files in another place. Is this possible and how is it configured?

Thanks.

papi mac <papi_m_a_c at yahoo.com> wrote: I already have a procmail rule in each user's directory that delivers "X-Spam-Status: Yes" email to a "spam-mail" folder. and the others to the inbox (specified in $DEFAULT) Assuming I did not want spam-mail under quota control I suppose I would have to add a line at the end something like this only for those users that have quotas:

| "/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -m $DEFAULT -e"

Would this mean that "deliver" will look at the size of the $DEFAULT file (using a dirsize directive in dovecot.conf) and sned an error message back if it is over quota?

Asheesh Laroia  wrote: On Tue, 8 Jan 2008, papi mac wrote:

> You mean by having a procmail rule to send the mail on to dovecot for
> delivery? If so, what would the line in the procmail rule look like?

Right, that's what I mean -

at the end of the default procmail rules (like in /etc/procmailrc), pipe
the message to deliver with the right arguments.

I don't actually use deliver, either, but maybe others can say more, or
maybe you can figure it out from here.

-- Asheesh.

--
Time washes clean