[Dovecot] Please help me resolve why mail isn't being delivered to virtual users

mouss mlist.only at free.fr
Thu Jan 10 13:55:40 EET 2008

Andrew Falanga wrote:

> You have no idea how much I appreciate this posting.  I installed procmail
> last night, but couldn't find any reliable information on how to integrate
> it into my sendmail system.  This is most helpful.  Just out of curiosity,
> would you know how difficult it would be to configure for mbox?  I noticed
> that this seems to be what FreeBSD defaults to and I'd like to minimize my
> own heartache when getting procmail setup.

a trailing slash means maildir  ('/foo/bar/'). no trailing slash means
mbox ('/foo/bar').

That said, FreeBSD or others don't care what format you use. the system
will stay happy even if you use maildir :) so reconsider your position
and take the time to check which format you should use. I say this
because moving from one format to another will be harder once you have a
lot of mail to convert (it's still feasible, but...).