[Dovecot] Is there a way to limit multiple POP3 connections?

Thu Jan 10 20:08:43 EET 2008

On 1/10/2008, arvids (arvids at mpe.lv) wrote:
> So maybe you also should read it again  :)

Ok... ... done. ;)

> I mean 'Maildir Performance' section, not 'mbox Performance' -
> according to it all that POP3 needs is in dovecot-uidlist file(with
> v.1.1), so I assume that index files are not needed at all for
> POP3-only and v1.1(no matter if users keep their mails on server or
> not), and I just asked if I am right, because I am not completely
> sure about it.

Ok, I guess we both may need to read it a few more time - not surprising
in my case... :)

It doesn't say you don't need the index files - it says you don't need
the dovecot.index.CACHE file...

According to this they are not the same:

http://wiki.dovecot.org/IndexFiles

--

Best regards,

Charles