[Dovecot] Is there a way to limit multiple POP3 connections?

arvids arvids at mpe.lv
Thu Jan 10 20:30:11 EET 2008

On Thursday 10 January 2008 20:08:43 Charles Marcus wrote:
> Ok, I guess we both may need to read it a few more time - not surprising
> in my case... :)
OK, done :)

> It doesn't say you don't need the index files - it says you don't need
> the dovecot.index.CACHE file...
>
> According to this they are not the same:
>
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/IndexFiles

If we disable index files (INDEX=MEMORY), indexing is not switched off, just
all structures are kept only in memory and index.cache file is not created.
And http://wiki.dovecot.org/POP3Server says that:
'for POP3-only users there's no need to create dovecot.index.cache file at
all'.
So from this I conclude that if we do not want index.cache file created we
have to disable index files with INDEX=MEMORY. We are disabling index files
on disk, not indexing.

Regards, Arvids