[Dovecot] Webmail Recommendation

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Fri Jan 11 00:41:47 EET 2008

Peter Eriksson wrote:
> All the suggested ones have just one big FAT problem - they are all
> written in that security bug ridden language that the hackers just love
> to exploit - PHP. Running a web application available to the whole wide
> internet written in PHP is just asking for someone to break into your
> systems.

You beat me to it.  I was just about to post asking for someone to recommend one
NOT written in PHP.

> I _really_ _really_ wish someone would write a nice webmail
> system in some other language... Like a Ruby-on-Rails one (I've
> found a few, but they aren't actively maintained anymore).

A friend has started writing a Django-based webmail client.  It's still very
basic, but I see great potential.  Especially as it's written in Python, and
Django is a very powerful web app framework.

If anyone's interested in chipping in (even just running it and contributing
ideas would help) give me a hoi.

--
Curtis Maloney
cmaloney at cardgate.net