[Dovecot] Maildir handling

Sascha Holzleiter sascha at holzleiter.name
Mon Jan 14 18:13:26 EET 2008

Hi,

we just setup a new mailserver for our company with some sieve filtering
in place. Everything works as expected but there is one flaw.
We setup the per user sieve filters in files within the users mailbox
maildir as follows:

lrwxrwxrwx   1 mail mail      21 Jan 13 17:20 .dovecot.sieve ->
sieve/phpscript.sieve

This link is actually picked up by dovecot and being announced as an
IMAP folder which gives an error in certain MUAs as they try to access
it.

Is there a way to let dovecot check if the link is really a maildir, so
lets say a directory with a maildirfolder file within it? Or just to
hide this link from dovecot so its not advertised as an IMAP folder?

Greetings,
  Sascha