[Dovecot] Out of memory [repost as a new thread]

Wolfram Schlich lists at wolfram.schlich.org
Thu Jan 24 19:33:34 EET 2008

* Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> [2008-01-24 13:50]:
> On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 11:47 +0100, Wolfram Schlich wrote:
> > I have to say this machine is a Gentoo Hardened machine using a PaX
> > kernel and PIE/SSP userland...
>
> I remember I stopped using PaX a few years ago because I had trouble
> with gdb, but I don't remember if it was the same problem.
> [...]
> But unfortunately without a usable backtrace or a way to reproduce this,
> I can't really do anything..

Ok, I got something now after consulting these pages:
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/backtraces.xml
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/hardenedfaq.xml#hardeneddebug
Maybe you can link to those from the wiki, might be worth mentioning
for other Gentoo Hardened users as well :)

So, I have a 115 lines long backtrace which also contains some
non-printable characters. Should I send you the file in a private
mail?

Thanks,
Wolfram