[Dovecot] Shared mailboxes

Benjamin R. Haskell dovecot at benizi.com
Sat Jan 26 10:04:49 EET 2008

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008, Wouter Amsterdam wrote:

> L.S.
>
> It is not clear to me why I should use namespaces or symlinks to share a
> single maildir mailbox with multiple users. Why not configure multiple mail
> clients with the same account information?

Assuming your users also have non-shared email accounts and folders, it's
generally easier from their point of view to have the shared folder(s)
accessible using their own, normal account information.

It's also the case that not all mail clients play nice with IMAP accounts
that get accessed "behind their back" (due to unexpected changes). But, I
don't think there's anything problematic on the server side.

Best,
Ben