[Dovecot] Shared mailboxes

Remy Zandwijk remy.zandwijk at falw.vu.nl
Sat Jan 26 13:31:56 EET 2008

> It is not clear to me why I should use namespaces or symlinks to share a
> single maildir mailbox with multiple users. Why not configure multiple mail
> clients with the same account information?

Well, since by using the latter, you would introduce some kind of security
breach. What happens when one of the users leaves the office for an other job?
When the password of the 'shared mailbox' is not changed, the user who left
could still access the shared mailbox. Even when his 'normal' account is disabled.

-Remy