[Dovecot] Postfix, mailbox_command, Dovecot deliver, LDAP and mail_location

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Sun Jan 27 23:14:36 EET 2008

* Jim Horner <jhorner at arinbe.com>:
> On Sunday 27 January 2008 12:48:24 Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> > I am trying to tell Dovecot deliver to use $mail_location as the location
>
> > # Dovecot
> > # dovecot-ldap.conf
> > user_attrs =
> > mailHomeDirectory=home,mailUidNumber=uid,mailGidNumber=gid,mailQuota=quota=
> >maildir:storage,mail=mailHomeDirectory
>
> It is my understanding that mail_location only gets uses if no mail attribute
> is specified. In any case, it appears that the above perhaps should read
> mailHomeDirectory=mail. Also making the home and the mail directory the same

Doh! Thanks, that fixed the mail location problem. In the log I can now see it
is used when I use dovecot as Postfix service.

The initial problem yet still remains. If I use "mailbox_command = ../deliver"
deliver seems to use the $ENV settings. I can probably change those, but I'd
rather have deliver read system user delivery options from LDAP, jsut as I do
for my virtual users.

> has caused problems for others on this list; like odd files showing up as
> mail folders in the email client.

Haven't had that yet, but will do as soon as I have problems, thanks.
I can/will fix that if I get deliver use my LDAP settings.

I've switched off all other userdb drivers. From my understanding deliver
_must_ read from LDAP:

  userdb:
      driver: ldap
      args: /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf

Wrong assumption?

p at rick

--
state of mind
Agentur für Kommunikation, Design und Softwareentwicklung

Patrick Koetter            Tel: 089 45227227
Echinger Strasse 3         Fax: 089 45227226
85386 Eching               Web: http://www.state-of-mind.de