[Dovecot] Postfix, mailbox_command, Dovecot deliver, LDAP and mail_location

Jim Horner jhorner at arinbe.com
Mon Jan 28 00:31:36 EET 2008

> The initial problem yet still remains. If I use "mailbox_command =
> ../deliver" deliver seems to use the $ENV settings. I can probably change
> those, but I'd rather have deliver read system user delivery options from
> LDAP, jsut as I do for my virtual users.

Ah, I see. I guess what I was saying is in the ldap config we use

user_attrs = mailMessageStore=home,,uidNumber=uid,gidNumber=gid

minus and mail attribute and in dovecot config we have

mail_location = maildir:%h/Maildir

but we also use virtual transport for all users (system and virtual) so I have
not experienced $ENV overriding all of these settings.

Jim