[Dovecot] Postfix, mailbox_command, Dovecot deliver, LDAP and mail_location

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Mon Jan 28 08:33:23 EET 2008

* Jim Horner <jhorner at arinbe.com>:

> > The initial problem yet still remains. If I use "mailbox_command =
> > ../deliver" deliver seems to use the $ENV settings. I can probably change
> > those, but I'd rather have deliver read system user delivery options from
> > LDAP, jsut as I do for my virtual users.
>
> Ah, I see. I guess what I was saying is in the ldap config we use
>
> user_attrs = mailMessageStore=home,,uidNumber=uid,gidNumber=gid
>
> minus and mail attribute and in dovecot config we have
>
> mail_location = maildir:%h/Maildir
>
> but we also use virtual transport for all users (system and virtual) so I have
> not experienced $ENV overriding all of these settings.

I had that too in the beginning, but it breaks local distribution lists on my
side. deliver says it cannot handle more than one recipient at a time. That's
why I turned to mailbox_command.

p at rick

--
state of mind
Agentur für Kommunikation, Design und Softwareentwicklung

Patrick Koetter            Tel: 089 45227227
Echinger Strasse 3         Fax: 089 45227226
85386 Eching               Web: http://www.state-of-mind.de