[Dovecot] Messages not moved from Inbox by Apple Mail (Dovecot 1.0.10)

Tom Collins list at tomlogic.com
Tue Jan 29 01:13:37 EET 2008

On Jan 28, 2008, at 9:22 AM, Tom Collins wrote:
> I just upgraded a server from Courier-IMAP to Dovecot, and I'm
> seeing some odd behavior.  It's probably the result of something I
> did wrong in my configuration, and I'm hoping someone will let me
> know the easy fix for it.
>
> I have rules set up in Apple Mail to move and copy messages to
> different folders, some of which are IMAP folders, others on my own
> system.  With Courier-IMAP, the messages would get moved without a
> problem.  With dovecot, that's not happening.

Turns out it was an issue with Apple Mail.  I hadn't run the courier-
to-dovecot migration tool before testing Dovecot on my system, so it
lost the subscribed mailboxes.  I got them back, but Apple Mail's
rules that pointed to the old mailboxes were causing the problem.

As soon as I updated the rules in Apple Mail, everything started
working normally again.

Tom Collins  -  tom at tomlogic.com
Vpopmail - virtual domains for qmail: http://vpopmail.sf.net/
QmailAdmin - web interface for Vpopmail: http://qmailadmin.sf.net/