[Dovecot] SSL certificate?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jan 31 15:25:47 EET 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 13:48 +0100, Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
> I have now tried every combination I can think of but my mail client still tells me..:
>
> "Certificate for hostname is unknown. "
>
> and
>
> "Signature status: unable to get local issuer certificate."
>

> I am trying to install a GoDaddy certificate and I have my public cert and then GoDaddys intermediate certificate in my crt file,
> which I think is how it is supposed to be but I still get this...
>
> What am I doing wrong?

As far as I know the only thing that matters is the certificate order in
the file. Maybe checking with "openssl s_client -connect host:993" shows
something useful?

But this reminds me anyway: Are the certificates GoDaddy offers still
using intermediate certs? I was thinking about buying one of those
$22/year ones for dovecot.org. Although I don't think I really need one
right now. :)