[Dovecot] proxy logging

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jan 31 16:52:47 EET 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 23:38 -0200, diego wrote:
> Hi, I'm testing dovecot 1.1.beta14 on two debian etch with
> drbd+ocfs2[active/active], I use qmail+vpopmail(userdb) and three
> front-end with openbsd 4.2 with dovecot 1.1.beta14 as proxy with passdb
> sql through vpopmail database.
> Is posible to add logs into vpopmail.vlog from proxys?, like "update
> vlog blah blah..." or in other sql database?

So the proxy verifies that the password is correct before forwarding the
connection? And you want it to execute an SQL statement whenever user
authenticates successfully?

> I tried with post login scripting but I don't recibe any variable.

Proxies don't log in, so that doesn't work.

The only way I see for this to work is if you use a SQL function that
verifies first if the authentication was successful (you have user-given
password in %w), and after that does the log update. But if you're using
MySQL I'm not sure if this will work. There have been some problems with
MySQL functions before.