[Dovecot] v1.1.rc8 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jun 4 12:53:57 EEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 11:37 +0200, Anders wrote:
> Timo Sirainen wrote:
>
> > 	+ deliver: Added -c parameter to provide path to delivered mail.
> > 	  This allows maildir to save identical mails to multiple recipients
> > 	  using hard links.
>
> Now I tried this, with some trouble.
>
> I had to set "maildir_copy_with_hardlinks = yes" for "deliver" to pick it
> up, even though this is supposed to be the default.

deliver uses separate config parsing code. Looks like all boolean
settings which have "yes" default are "no" as default in deliver. I'll
fix it today by adding more kludges.. Hopefully v2.0 will come soon with
its unified config parsing code. :)

> Also, the W=nnnn size thing is not added to filenames when using -p.

And cache isn't updated either. These are because hard linking can be
done without actually reading the mail contents. I won't fix this for
v1.1, but I updated the documentation.

I'm not sure what the best final solution to this is though. There could
of course be a special deliver-check when the reading is done, but COPY
command has the same problem. Should it read the files or not? If the
file contents are already in memory it would be a good idea to read them
and update cache, but otherwise not. I guess mincore() is the only
potential way to check that, but mmaping the file only to check that is
probably more trouble than worth.