[Dovecot] outlook windows problem

Tue Jun 10 22:28:54 EEST 2008

On 6/10/2008 3:19 PM, rashantha de silva wrote:
>>> hello, client can not connect using outlook.
>>>
>>> has any of you noticed this problem. can not connect with imap or
>>> as pop. i am using a self signed certificate.

>> Not connecting to dovecot via SSL with a self-signed certificate?
>> Try opening IE on that machine and going to
>> https://yourmailserver:995 and accept the certificate permanantly.
>> Then see if Outlook will connect.

> thanks for the tip rick, but that would be strange request to make to
>  a client.

Self-signed certs have always been a problem in OL (and I guess OE, but
I don't use it or support it much)...

There is no way to permanently save one via the pop-up...

Meaning, the client will get the warning and have to accept it every tim
they connect for the first time.

Nothing dovecot can do about that...

That said - it will work...

But again, would need more details... are your config details secret?

--

Best regards,

Charles