[Dovecot] Antispam plugin custom behavior?

Kyle Wheeler kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net
Wed Jun 11 19:35:33 EEST 2008

On Wednesday, June 11 at 05:01 PM, quoth Hugo Monteiro:
> Have you tried the plugin using the mailtrain backend?

The antispam plugin? No, I haven't... mostly because it looks like no
matter which backend I use, I'd have to alter the user-visible
interface to my training system (which I don't really want to do), and
it still doesn't handle the "altered message" problem.

> Basically it will forward the message, as attachment, to
> spam/notspam addresses that you define. That includes the use of a
> %u variable expansion, if you choose to use retrain addresses like
> like spam-username at domain.com or something. I've been pretty happy
> with with it and it scales a lot better than piping the message into
> a retrain command, since the mail system itself will handle the load
> in a more intelligent way.

Hmmm, load is something I hadn't thought about... (the system I'm
working with at the moment has plenty of capacity to spare). That's a
good point.

However, one of the goals here is to make it so that if a user
identifies a message that has been mistakenly tagged as spam (and
"sanitized" by SpamAssassin, e.g. via the "report_safe" setting), they
can get the message corrected (and back to its original form)
immediately. As it is, they have to put it into the NotSpam folder and
wait a couple minutes for the message to reappear in the INBOX
(because the cron job only runs every so often).

~Kyle
--
No, I don't know that Atheists should be considered as citizens, nor
should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God.
                                  -- George H. W. Bush, August 27, 1987