[Dovecot] Antispam plugin custom behavior?

Hugo Monteiro hugo.monteiro at fct.unl.pt
Wed Jun 11 19:41:31 EEST 2008

Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 11 at 05:01 PM, quoth Hugo Monteiro:
>> Have you tried the plugin using the mailtrain backend?
>
> The antispam plugin? No, I haven't... mostly because it looks like no
> matter which backend I use, I'd have to alter the user-visible
> interface to my training system (which I don't really want to do), and
> it still doesn't handle the "altered message" problem.
>
>> Basically it will forward the message, as attachment, to spam/notspam
>> addresses that you define. That includes the use of a %u variable
>> expansion, if you choose to use retrain addresses like like
>> spam-username at domain.com or something. I've been pretty happy with
>> with it and it scales a lot better than piping the message into a
>> retrain command, since the mail system itself will handle the load in
>> a more intelligent way.
>
> Hmmm, load is something I hadn't thought about... (the system I'm
> working with at the moment has plenty of capacity to spare). That's a
> good point.
>
> However, one of the goals here is to make it so that if a user
> identifies a message that has been mistakenly tagged as spam (and
> "sanitized" by SpamAssassin, e.g. via the "report_safe" setting), they
> can get the message corrected (and back to its original form)
> immediately. As it is, they have to put it into the NotSpam folder and
> wait a couple minutes for the message to reappear in the INBOX
> (because the cron job only runs every so often).
>
> ~Kyle

No need to reply to the other message regarding the "why". ;)

Has for what you're saying .. maybe it could be possible to extend the
plugin to remove/add headers.. Though i have no idea on the impact that
would have on IMAP clients...

Regards,

Hugo Monteiro.

--
ci.fct.unl.pt:~# cat .signature

Hugo Monteiro
Email	 : hugo.monteiro at fct.unl.pt
Telefone : +351 212948300 Ext.15307

Centro de Informática
Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da
		   Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Quinta da Torre   2829-516 Caparica   Portugal
Telefone: +351 212948596   Fax: +351 212948548
www.ci.fct.unl.pt	      apoio at fct.unl.pt

ci.fct.unl.pt:~# _