[Dovecot] Mutually exclusive Exim setup instructions

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Thu Jun 12 02:29:14 EEST 2008

cam at ellisonpsychology.ca wrote:

What version of dovecot and exim are you using?

Might post a copy of your exim setup.

The advantage of dovecot as the LDA is that the indexes get updated on delivery. I didn't notice any
difference in performance on a little used server while using Thunderbird. There was some talk about
how it would load a server if a message is sent to many accounts at once vs what happens when
someone logs on with their MUA. I went with the dovecot setup in the end (not that it matters) but
have the other one left in the config for a quick change out if needed.

Karl Schmidt                         EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                     WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                    Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                     FAX (785) 841-0434

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate.