[Dovecot] Need a quick, safe method to empty /home/user/Maildir/{.Junk, .Trash}

Jurvis LaSalle lasalle at idi.harvard.edu
Fri Jun 13 00:38:41 EEST 2008

On Jun 12, 2008, at 9:22 AM, Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:

> I have some (Thunderbird client, dovecot-1.0.13, Maildir) users who
> get an
> appalling amount of spam-with-attachment, and it's causing backups
> to take
> an inordinate amount of time.
>
> /home/user/Maildir/.Junk
> /home/user/Maildir/.Trash

What backup software are you using?  Could you exclude backing up
those folders?  I have users that would be very sad if I emptied their
Trash for them (crazy- I know).  Plus, there's many other benefits to
figuring out how to exclude certain paths and filetypes from backups
(~/Library/Caches or *.mp3 anyone?)

Cheers,
JL