[Dovecot] 9GB of messages in /tmp

Fri Jun 13 01:29:56 EEST 2008

On 6/12/2008, Timo Sirainen (tss at iki.fi) wrote:
>> I have two problems...
>>
>> 1. The /tmp directory has 9+GB in it... can I just rm tmp/* on that
>> directory without making this problem worse?

> Only part of Dovecot that writes to /tmp is deliver, and it keeps the
> files there probably less than a microsecond (create file + unlink
> immediately).

Hi Timo,

I realized after I posted that this user is still on courier-imap (this
system is in the process of being migrated).

So I guess courier uses the /tmp folder when moving messages... I
remember this happened on another system I was using once - and that was
using courier too...

Guess I gotta get the rest of those users migrated asap...

--

Best regards,

Charles