[Dovecot] no maildirsize file being created -dovecot v1.1

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Jun 21 17:29:53 EEST 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 09:20 -0500, Barry R Cisna wrote:
> Hi Timo,
>
> I changed the maildir directive in my dovecot.conf as you suggested. The
> maildirsize file IS created now , but, the ~/mail folder structure is
> now showing all messed up for the user that logs into Squirrelmail for
> example:
> Before the mail_location was changed;
> ~/mail/Drafts,Sent,Trash,.subsciptions/.imap/Drafts,INBOX,Sent,Trash

Are those Drafts, etc. files or directories? If they're files they're in
mbox format, not maildir.. Also having ".imap" points to them being
mboxes, since maildir doesn't create such directory.

> Notice how after the maildir directive change there are .DOT in front of
> Drafts,Sent,Trash as well as no .DOT in front of subsciptions,as well as
> the added cur,new,tmp directories under the ~/mail folder??

All Dovecot versions have used a dot at the beginning of maildir directories.

> And yes this is the default EL5 install with maildir storage( not mbox).

Everything above points to you using mbox format.