[Dovecot] managesieve server aware?

Cassidy Larson alandaluz at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 23:10:20 EEST 2008

Just upgraded to Dovecot 1.1 and thought I'd try out managesieve plugin.  My
situation is I have two front end proxy boxes and four storage nodes in the
back.  I have been able to load the managesieve plugin just like I should on
the storage nodes, but not on the proxy boxes.

My proxy boxes have multiple server sections to deal with unique
configurations for 5-7 different mail domains:
  server mail.host1.com {
    listen a.b.c.d
    protocols = imap imaps pop3 pop3s
  }
  server mail.host2.com {
   listen a.b.c.e
   protocols = imap pop3
 }

If I add the managesieve to the protocols line like I do on my storage
nodes, I get this:

Error: Can't access mail module directory:
/usr/local/lib/dovecot/managesieve: No such file or directory

Funny thing is /usr/local/lib/dovecot/managesieve does not exist on the the
proxy boxes. It also does not exist on the storage boxes where managesieve
loaded just fine.

Anybody have any ideas or suggestions?

-c