[Dovecot] Multiple auth client sockets

Ulrich Zehl ulrich-dovecot at topfen.net
Mon Jun 30 13:08:32 EEST 2008

I use two seperate Postfix instances as MSAs (so that different policies
are simpler to configure), and both of them require Dovecot SASL support.

Since Postfix' smtpd is chrooted (at least in the Debian package), the
client socket needs to be somewhere under the instance's queue_directory.
This means I need two different auth client socket paths.
When I simply specify two "client { ... }" in dovecot.conf, the second
takes precedence over the first.

Besides using a second dovecot instance, which I'd like to avoid, what ways
are there to run a second client socket?

Ulrich