[Dovecot] No log for hitting login_max_processes_count?

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Mon Jun 30 18:49:03 EEST 2008

I think today just due to increased use, my mail servers hit
login_max_processes_count.  It wasn't obvious what was happening, logins
just weren't acting like they should and sometimes would get
disconnected before given a prompt from the server.  Something made me
think to check if I had too many of certain dovecot processes and I
found I had 128 imap-login processes on both servers, but nothing in the
logs seemed to point that out for me.  Should there be?  It would have
been alot easier to debug.  Also, this seems to be from general use,
doesn't seem like a DoS, so is this just a setting I should keep an eye
on and increase it by reasonable amounts as needed?  Thanks.