[Dovecot] Maturity of dbox

Anders mail at flac.kalibalik.dk
Wed Mar 5 22:02:48 EET 2008

Hi,

I am contemplating migrating from maildir to dbox. However, I wonder
about the maturity of the dbox code, as it appears to not be widely
used. Does anybody have some success stories?

My primary driver is to have non-changing file names, and thus smaller
backup deltas. Are there other advantages that I should pursue?

I read in the wiki that the migration is straightforward, but I did not
manage to find an exact description. Pointers? Also, is it possible to
migrate back, should it not work out?

Thanks,
Anders.