[Dovecot] xexec and dovecot 1.1

Marc Perkel marc at perkel.com
Tue Mar 25 17:25:58 EET 2008

Alex wrote:
> Patch and prepatched version of xexec module to dovecot v1.1 now available
>  from http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/xexec. Thanks for patch to Stephan
> Bosch.

Thanks Alex. If people like you who are actually using this want to take
over the development of it that would be fine with me. I just started it
to get the idea going in hopes it would take off and become a standard
for nonstandard extensions.  I think it has great potential.

What I'm really looking for someone to do is write some kind of SMTP
over IMAP plugin so that IMAP can be an authenticated transport that
would carry outbound email to Dovecot which would hand it off to an SMTP
server or be a conduit to SMTP server. That way email users need not
configure outgoing SMTP. It would just send outgoing email over the same
connections.