[Dovecot] xexec and dovecot 1.1

Tue Mar 25 17:35:45 EET 2008

On 3/25/2008, Marc Perkel (marc at perkel.com) wrote:
> What I'm really looking for someone to do is write some kind of SMTP
> over IMAP plugin so that IMAP can be an authenticated transport that
> would carry outbound email to Dovecot which would hand it off to an
> SMTP server or be a conduit to SMTP server. That way email users need
> not configure outgoing SMTP. It would just send outgoing email over
> the same connections.

I have been a big detractor for any usefulness for this kind of thing,
but there is one use that would be a big plus...

For the 'Copy to Sent' function... if you sent a message somehow using
the IMAP connection, maybe you could save the Client having to upload
the same message AGAIN just to copy it to the Sent folder (think 10MB
email sent over a 512Kb connection)...

--

Best regards,

Charles