[Dovecot] public folders fchown error

junk at mc1.mccarthy.ac junk at mc1.mccarthy.ac
Tue Mar 25 18:29:04 EET 2008

Here are some examples... from what I can tell in google, dovecot is
failing trying to change these files to the mail group dovecot is running
under?  I've manually changed everything under these folders to be 777, as
well as root.mail permissions, they just change back to being owned by the
user, and then dovecot can't change them to mail... at least I think
that's what's happening.

dovecot: IMAP(admin):
fchown(/home/admin/Mail/public/public/.SpamReport/dovecot-uidlist) failed:
Operation not permitted
dovecot: IMAP(bob):
fchown(/home/bob/Mail/public/public/.SpamReport/dovecot-uidlist) failed:
Operation not permitted
dovecot: IMAP(bob): fchown() failed with file
/home/bob/Mail/public/index/.SpamReport/dovecot.index.tmp: Operation not
permitted
dovecot: IMAP(mike): fchown() failed with file
/home/mike/Mail/public/index/.Contacts/dovecot.index.log: Operation not
permitted