[Dovecot] xexec and dovecot 1.1

Tue Mar 25 19:05:03 EET 2008

On 3/25/2008, Marc Perkel (marc at perkel.com) wrote:
> So Charles - why is it that you've resisted the idea? it just seems
> so natural to me.

I've read your messages calling for much more than just 'smtp over imap'
for the imap protocol, and didn't care much for the ideas, because an
IMAP/POP server is an IMAP/POP server - not an SMTP server (or a file
manager, or anything else).

But when I was sitting here watching a large email I had just sent
copying to the Sent folder, just minutes after reading your message - it
  hit me that this would be one very real benefit to it...

--

Best regards,

Charles