[Dovecot] Couldn't init INBOX: Can't sync mailbox: Messages keep getting expunged

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Tue May 6 00:28:09 EEST 2008

Ed W wrote:
> I have also had one report from a customer who thought he had 600
> messages to download (based on the feedback from OE), but his inbox
> would only have had a couple of messages in it - not sure that this is
> related though...

Update: I have now had a fair number of users reporting that they have
hundreds of messages in their inbox when accessing the mailbox via POP
(and in fact they have hadly any)

I have since dumped all the index files to see if this helps.  However,
this has occurred after an upgrade from 1.0.8 to 1.1-rc4

Ed W