[Dovecot] Manual thread breaking from Thunderbird

rosenfield.albert at gmail.com rosenfield.albert at gmail.com
Wed May 7 20:54:59 EEST 2008

> delivered anywhere other than INBOX, you need to either call deliver with a
> -m argument or use a plugin (e.g. sieve) and as far as I can tell, only the

Fair enough.

(Could never get sieve (cmusieve) to work with Dovecot - what does
other people use that's simple to set up and works efficiently?)

> labels,' I assume you are referring to TBird's 'Tags' which map loosely to
> IMAP custom message flags, (a.k.a. keywords.)

Sure, whatever.  The principal difference between the two, I guess, is
that a gmail label, when created, are automatically given an item in
the tree view, which when clicked shows a list of all threads where at
least one non-spam, non-trash mail item has the relevant label
applied.

(How to configure TBird to do something like this with Tags is either
impossible or beyond me, I'm afraid.)

> There has to be user-specific and MUA-specific configuration for the usage
> model you seem to want.

That's a fair enough response, I'm willing to accept that ;-).