[Dovecot] OT: PGP signature verification

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed May 7 23:02:07 EEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 21:38 +0200, Thomas Zajic wrote:
> >> Does anybody know why all of Timo's mails that are sent with Apple Mail
> >> show up as "OpenPGP: Error - signature verification failed; click Pen
> >> icon for details" in Thunderbird 2.0.0.x/Enigmail 0.95.6?
> >
> > http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2008-March/032840.html
> >
> > I haven't bothered to do anything about it. It gets eventually fixed
> > once you upgrade your gpg.
>
> Okay, so it's a gnupg thing? But both mutt and enigmail use the same
> version of gpg internally, though, and it's the latest one available
> AFAIK:
>
> [zlatko at disclosure]:~$ gpg --version | head -1
> gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.9

Oh. I thought 1.4.8 and later would have verified it as valid. For some
reason gnupg in Debian unstable is stuck at v1.4.6 so I haven't tested
it myself yet.

So if that didn't help, I'm not sure then what the problem is. Unless
your version tries to verify the mails using the old format. Wonder if
it's possible to tell GPGMail to use the old format or not use textmode
at all .. other than by creating a gpg wrapper script, which I'm a bit
lazy to do. :)