[Dovecot] Wrong message information

Anders mail at flac.kalibalik.dk
Fri May 9 10:37:02 EEST 2008

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On May 8, 2008, at 6:15 PM, Anders wrote:
>
>> We have a few users that every so often get empty data in their
>> message
>> overview. From and subject are empty, and the date is 1-Jan-1970. When
>> opening the message in full view, all things are fine. Also, the
>> data in
>> the actual maildir file is fine.
>>
>> It looks a lot like the issue described here:
>>
>> http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2008-March/029282.html
>
> That was fixed in v1.1.

Seems not ;-)

>> The server is Linux, ext3, no NFS, and Dovecot 1.1.rc4.
>
> Do you use quota?

We have quota plugin enabled, but these users have no quota set.

>> The few clients
>> that have had this problem so far have been Outlook Express.
>
> I wouldn't be surprised if it was OE's fault.

We upgraded from 0.99 recently, and the problem has just appeared now. I
guess Dovecot is involved somehow, or at least able to work around OE.

No quota plugin before, though.

>> What can be done to debug this?
>
> Enable rawlogs for the users experiencing it. Then when they see the
> problem for a message, check if there's anything in rawlogs that shows
> wrong replies. http://wiki.dovecot.org/Debugging/Rawlog

I will enable that, and probably post the logs when it happens again. Thanks!

Cheers,
Anders.