[Dovecot] Wrong message information

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Fri May 9 10:42:17 EEST 2008

On Fri, 9 May 2008, Anders wrote:

> Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> On May 8, 2008, at 6:15 PM, Anders wrote:
>>
>>> We have a few users that every so often get empty data in their
>>> message
>>> overview. From and subject are empty, and the date is 1-Jan-1970. When
>>> opening the message in full view, all things are fine. Also, the
>>> data in
>>> the actual maildir file is fine.
>>>
>>> It looks a lot like the issue described here:
>>>
>>> http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2008-March/029282.html
>>
>> That was fixed in v1.1.
>
> Seems not ;-)

I confirm it not being fixed.

>>> The server is Linux, ext3, no NFS, and Dovecot 1.1.rc4.
>>
>> Do you use quota?

I run Linux on amd64, no NFS, ext3, Dovecot built from the nightly .deb
repository posted earlier.

> We have quota plugin enabled, but these users have no quota set.

I don't have it enabled.

>>> The few clients that have had this problem so far have been Outlook
>>> Express.
>>
>> I wouldn't be surprised if it was OE's fault.

I'm using alpine and getting the same issue.  I would, I guess, suggest
adding an assert in the Dovecot that the date isn't epoch start.

>>> What can be done to debug this?
>>
>> Enable rawlogs for the users experiencing it. Then when they see the
>> problem for a message, check if there's anything in rawlogs that shows
>> wrong replies. http://wiki.dovecot.org/Debugging/Rawlog

I guess I'll do that myself, too.

> I will enable that, and probably post the logs when it happens again.
> Thanks!

Same here.

-- Asheesh.

--
"Give me enough medals, and I'll win any war."
 		-- Napoleon