[Dovecot] ipv6 woes

Jason Fesler jfesler at gigo.com
Fri May 9 20:18:20 EEST 2008

>> May  8 20:53:11 goat dovecot: Fatal: imap-login: Can't load certificate
>> file /www/certs/mail.gigo.com.cert: error:02001018:system
>> library:fopen:Too many open files
>
> But this (or some other error) didn't happen immediately?

Correct.  It happened after some number of connection.  Using "lsof", I
could not see any that limits were being realistically hit, either.

Unfortunately I have just one ipv6 freebsd 7 machine to work with :-( and
mail is supposed to be a production service.  I'll have another
opportunity to do more on June 14, when downtime is scheduled for
another location.  At that time I'll get that location's OS updated, onto
ipv6, and since it is just two (flexible) people, I'll have more room to
play.