[Dovecot] Automounted home dirs not working

Roy McMorran mcmorran at mdibl.org
Thu May 15 17:29:42 EEST 2008

Timo Sirainen wrote:

> But it never succeeds on first try?

Nope.

> If you enable more verbosity on automountd (-v -T?) does it correctly
> log all the chdir attempts?
>
> Anyway I've really no idea why it wouldn't work. Maybe try asking in
> some Solaris forums/lists if they can think of some reason.

I've concluded it is some problem with this particular server.  I build
Dovecot on another Solaris 10 box, and over there the chdir to an
automounted home directory works as expected every time.  I guess I'll
reinstall the OS on my test server now :-(

It's definitely not a Dovecot problem, so sorry for the noise on the
list.  Thanks for all your help.

Cheers,
-r

--