[Dovecot] imap-login processes

Bryan Polk bpolk at eng.fsu.edu
Fri May 16 18:56:16 EEST 2008

On Fri, 16 May 2008, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> How many imap processes do you have at that time? Each SSL connection
> uses up one imap-login process.
>
> One sure way to fix this would be to change to high-performance mode as
> described by http://wiki.dovecot.org/LoginProcess

Currently 74 imap processes, 336 imap-login processes.

I tried switching to high-performance mode yesterday.. It seemed to end up
with sort of the same results, though harder to diagnose. Each process I
guess ended up hitting the login_process_size = 64 max and then stopped
responding. So imap would work for some people and not others. I'd rather
have it be broken for all or none, so I switched it back instead of
tweaking the performance options. I think there's something in our
environment causing this but I have no idea what..

-bryan