[Dovecot] Fixed a Duplicate?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon May 19 03:03:46 EEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 09:20 +1000, Nigel Allen wrote:
> For exaample, every time I open a folder from this shared account, I get
> either one or two emails being created on the spot. The are /always/
> created with the current date and time stamp (i.e. now) and at the same
> time a tail -f of maillog shows something like this:
>
> > May 19 09:10:05 sydsrv56 dovecot: IMAP(plans): Fixed a duplicate:
> > dovecot-shared:2, -> 1211152205.P10039Q1.sydsrv56

dovecot-shared file should exist in Maildir/ directory, while mails
should exist in Maildir/new/ and Maildir/cur/ directory. I don't see how
dovecot-shared could be moved to cur/ or new/ directory.. Or are your
new/ or cur/ directories some weird symlinks?

> The setup is dovecot-1.0.3-6.fc6, procmail-3.22-17.1,
> sendmail-8.13.8-2.

I don't remember Dovecot having this exact bug, but I remember fixing
something related to dovecot-shared file. So it's possible it's been
fixed in newer versions.