[Dovecot] RFC 3516 - IMAP4 Binary Content Extension

Anton Yuzhaninov citrin at rambler-co.ru
Mon May 19 09:59:40 EEST 2008

Timo Sirainen пишет:
> On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 02:48 +0400, Anton Yuzhaninov wrote:
>> Is Binary Content Extension (rfc3516) support planned?
>
> It's not in my near-term plans. Where are you planning on using it? Are
> there some clients that support it?

It may be useful in loaded web-mail applications (base64 decoding implemented in C is
more cpu/memory efficient than in perl or other web scripting language).

And may be we will use this extension in the webmail for our free-mail service
(http://mail.rambler.ru)

Popular desktop clients AFAIK don't support rfc3516.

Is it possible to write plugin for support this extension?

--
WBR,
  Anton Yuzhaninov