[Dovecot] messages downloading repeatedly to mozilla/seamonkey pop3 client

Ben Julian ben.julian at gmail.com
Tue May 20 00:08:15 EEST 2008

Timo and Mark,
  It appears that my problem was due to our configuration of the
user's several home directories - we had different usernames created
for this individual, but two of the home directory definitions in
/etc/passwd were unintentionally pointing to the same place, causing
the dovecot index files to overwrite each other.  We never caught it
before using pop3d, because they don't keep index A silly mistake.
Sorry to bother you and the mailing list with this - clearly user
error. :)
Thanks for all your help!
Ben