[Dovecot] Disallow folder delete

Tue May 20 04:43:56 EEST 2008

On 5/19/2008 Kenneth Porter wrote:
> I have a user who's deleted an important IMAP mailbox and I'm now
> recovering a recent copy from the backup. But I'd rather just blanket
> disallow all folder deletions.

Thats pretty drastic - I'd have a rebellion on my hands if I tried that
here.

There's only so much you can do to protect people from their own
stupidity. I'd say this is one thing you do NOT want to do - otherwise,
you're gonna have people bugging you all the time to delete folders for
them.

> I'm using 1.2.rc15 from CentOS 5 (RHEL5 equivalent).

Actually, that would be 1.0rc15 - and it is way old, time to upgrade...
atrpms.net has current versions...